Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve v9 and administrative rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepdown

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
BM
The account used to perform backups and restores, does it require admin rights? Or, is being a member of "Backup Operators" enough?

I want to assign backups and restores to an individual but I do NOT have that person to have admin rights. Is this possible?

Thanks

CA does not support use of the product without Admin rights to the box. I've tried some workarounds, and none of them helped.

It is possible. The security information provided for the backup job itself must be a member of the backup user group. To have full use of the Manager Admin rights are needed. So it really depends on just what you want them to do. In the later versions it has been changed to provide more functionality to non-admin users.

Thank you all for your replies. I have decicded to use the runas command. Now the user (who does not have admin rights) can click on an icon and have full access to Arcserve Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back