Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve v9.0 compatibility questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbobast

MIS
Feb 24, 2002
GB
Hi,

Will Arcserve 9.0 (build 2200) run on Windows Server 2008? If so is it supported? (I've checked the compatibility matrix and it states it will run on Windows Server 2003 SP1 - the matrix is dated Aug 2006 on the CA support site).

Will v9.0 agents work with Arcserve 12.5 core product? Specifically the Windows Client & Windows Open File agents?

Many thanks in advance!

Paul.

Of the top of my head id say no to this mate, even if you got it going it states they dont support it on SBS2008 platform specifically, so do youself a favour, get the latest version of arcserve or backup exec that both work out the box and are supported by the vendor, if its SBS version all the agents you could need are bundled, and no messing about trying to fix things when they go wrong

i hope ive aimed you in the right direction.

All the best
Jamie.

Thanks for the reply Jamie.

Yes you've confirmed what I was thinking - just didn't want to recommend an unnecessary upgrade to a client.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back