Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe v7 Netware 6 (No Cache Buffers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paxo1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
GB
I have two Netware 6 Servers which after 3 days backing up will show an empty database, In the activity log I get an error no cache buffers yet there are more than I care to mention (over 256megs worth), please anyone come accross this, hair thinning.

You have installed the Arceserve update for NetWare 6 correct? And you have SP2 installed for NetWare 6 right? Did you use a Win2k or NT/9x box to install Arcserve? Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple [rofl]

This install is patched up as well as SP2, Arcserve was installed from a NT4 workstation.

Hi,

Verify that "Set reserved buffers below 16 meg=300" is in the Startup.ncf.

Hi Again,

You can also check out CA's technical document 10135 for Btrieve settings.

I have now set buffers below 16meg and will monitor, could take three days for Sucess/Failure. We hold our breath in anticipation...........

No news yet, will check in again as soon as I have news.

Same old result, have finally found another techie user who has given up on 7 and gone to 9, large sigh's all round.

We had a similar issue where none of our details were being recorded in our database. Can't guarantee it will work,but it might...
Try making the following changes to your bti.cfg, (make backup copy first...)

[MicroKernel]
MaxFiles=200
CacheSize=65536
MaxClients=120
BackgroundThreads=48

[Btrieve Communications Manager]
MaxWorkerThreads=64
MaxClients=200

Restarting and awainting progress, many thanks

Computer Associates Documents # 19108 and 10133 should help you also with the No Cache Problem....Just a word of caution remember these settings are dependent on your server and should be incremented up slowly...specifying too much cache could generate Cache memory out of available memory errors...

Good Luck Al Larger
Netware & Groupwise CNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back