Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve v7 for Netware, Login Failed... Please Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCruz

Programmer
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to Arcserve and was hoping you guys could help. I'm running 2 serves primary, and backup server. my tape drive is on the backup server. when I scheduled my drive to perform a backup it backs up everything that is on my backup server fine but does not backup the primary. it tells me LOGIN FAILED. I placed the user name in the security option and password. I tried the user name as: ADMIN and as .CN=admin.0=(context)I tried to set up an Agent pointing to the primary (NT) but the sign on is also failing. Any Suggestions?

Is the primary NetWare also? I just wondered why you said "I tried to set up an Agent pointing to the primary (NT)" - what does NT have to do with it?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I don't need the Agent but tried it anyway, just to see if it could work but of course it did not. any suggestions?

I am assuming that your Backup server is Novell and your Primary is NT at this point. Did you install the Agent software on the Primary server and configure it?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back