Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe v11.1 on Windows NT4 SP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2003
GB
Does v11.1 run on Windows NT4 Server SP6 ? I tried installing it the other day and it just said that it could not be installed on this machine. No reason as to why!!

"Experience is the result of failure

I don't think it does. You need to have Win 2000 or 2003.

Cheers.
GSC

Common sence is not so common anymore

Good stuff!! Means i can put a requst in for a new backup server. Currently we have arcserve installed on our two main file servers which we don't plan to upgrade quite yet.

I'll have to look into teaming some NIC's on a Windows 2000 server so it can run all 4 jobs at once. The company won't pay out for a tape loader so i've got to manage with 4 SDLT drives for now!

Cheers.

"Experience is the result of failure

I don't even think it will back an NT up. That's why I'm still on V9.

Debi

11.1 will backup NT4 just fine using a client agent remotely, but if you check the release notes you will see that there is no longer support for NT4 as a Host server.

You could also see a reason for it not installing when you run setup in the right-hand side of the setup screen.

Hi,

it is not possible to install BAB r11.1 on a NT Box

regards

I agree with uyildir Arcserve 11 or 11.1r can not be installed on an NT box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back