Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve retention not working since SP5

Status
Not open for further replies.

edarvas

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2004
CH
Since I applied SP5 on Arcserve 2000 Advanced Edition, tape retention as configured in the media pool is not working correctly. Once a job has been done, the tape is moved to save set, but never moved back to scratch set after the defined retention time. I have to manually move tapes to scratch set. I have recreated a new media pool, but it's not better. No post-SP5 patch concerning this problem on the CA site. To resolve this problem, I will probably reinstall Arcserve with SP4. But, if anyone has experienced similar problems with SP5 and has a solution, I would be very glad to hear from it. Thank you.

Ezechiel

I have a stupid question but Was the criteria for the number of tapes to save also met?

Both conditions must be met, the # of Days and # of tapes.

There is no stupid question. Actually, in the media pool the # of days is "5", the # of tapes "1". Hmm.. I made no changes to these values before and after applying SP5. Before it works. Any idea ? Do you know if any patch is available ?

I had the same problem. CA sent me a fix. We had to replace the asem2.dll in the Arcserve Directory. If you have an email I can mail you the dll.

Oh. Good news !! Here is my e-mail adress: "getronics@fareas.ch". Thank you very much.

I have the same problem. Please send me a fix, email: steam__@landia.ru. Thank you very much.

And I have the same problem. Please send me this file: cgbayrakli@yahoo.de
Thank you.

I would also appreciate a copy of this file me@radiantnetworks.co.uk

Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain but can you send me a copy too
rbirrell@gri-biochem.org.uk

You can get the file by downloading from the CA support web site (esupport.ca.com). Look for QO52531 (can't copy/paste link). The file is in the latest AS2K update.

JettaWarrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back