Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe r11.1, Win 2K3, DLT 7000 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jccl2

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
BR
Hello,
I have ArcServe r11.1 SP1 with devicepath 5 Windows 2003, DLT 7000 with device quantum device driver, scsi 2944uw with adaptec last driver.
I'm install everything fine, disable RSM, disable drive on windows device manager, but the speedy of local backup is very slow. The machine is PDC and backup server have 3Gb of data and the backup take only 10Mb/minute, the block size is 64K compression Hardware on or off dosen't change anything. Try to change block size to 32k, 16k but is the same.

I'm already reinstall the Arcserve and anything change.

What i'm going to do now?????

Tks.

I have a very similar setup to the one you describe there, but get 250-300Mb/Min - there would appear to be something wrong either with the hardware or your environment.

Just for a test - did you try a backup with the built in windows backup tool, and do you get the same slow performance ?

You quick erase plus'd the tape before trying to backup right, and these tapes haven't been used in either a DLT8000 or DLT vs80 or vs160 previously ?

64k block size is the best to use.

Try a backup of a remote system for comparison.

Check for ARCserve updates.

If you have more than one drive what is the throughput for each session?

As a test you can run a backup to a fake tape drive.
Command is simulate -ca and via it you create a fake tape drive. Now do the backup and if the throughput is the same the problem is not at the tape drive or Tape Engine end.

Hi,
I'm found some problem with the tape drive, i try to replace the drive and try again.

Tks.

I'll update later.

Hello,

I´m replace my scsi driver and now is very good! Before 70mb/s now is 300mb/s!

Tks

Daniel Vitorino

What type of card did you end up putting in your system?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back