Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve r11.1 SQL-Agent, license error

Status
Not open for further replies.

patbuser

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2002
CH
Hi all

We have a license issue at one of our customers. We use CA Arcserve R11.1 for Windows. During backup of the SQL-Server we get the following error: E8604 - (DB-NAME=msdb, FC=**servername**:Backup Agent-Fehler -- (188) 'Produktkulanzfrist ist abgelaufen'.) Translated this means the trial period has expired. I checked the licenses with calicnse.exe, everything is licensed. The ca.olf File contains the Sql-Agent (product code 31SQ), expires in june 2035.

Any idea how we could fix this? Is there a way to remove a license and register it again? I tried to rename ca.olf. When I restart calicnse.exe there are no licenses anymore. But when entering them again, it says that they are already registered.

Thanks for help

Patrick

The licence for the SQL agent has to be installed on the same machine the SQL agent is installed on - not the ARCserve host server - is this the problem ?

Ok, thanks! I think that's the problem. I'll check it, but I think it's on the host server. Is this specific for the SQL agent? I alway manage the licenses for clients agents, like windows, exchange, notes, etc from the host server.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back