Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve r11.1 - Service Pack 1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgj710

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2004
US
Has Anyone installed this service pack on their systems yet? If so what problems if any did it fix?. I am having a lot of conectivity problems with my SAN may this be helpful? Thanks

Well it has updates the tape engine - so yes it may be helpful. Key thing to remember with SAN configurations is that each ARCserve host server in the SAN configuration must be patched to exactly the same level. If it ain't you're going to have a real hard time if it works at all.

For anyone interested I applied SP1 for Brightstor Arcserve V11.1. Please note when doing this update that ALL firmware needs to be updated prior to installing this service pack. There is no way to roll it back once it is installed and if you dont update the firmware the update will actually create horrible connectivity problems.

We applied service pack 1 for BriteStor R11.1 and we are now getting the infamous E3156 Unable to prepare for Active Directory backup. I haven't found the cause yet. It added error code EC 80070005. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back