Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCServe - Open File Limitations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huiching

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
MY
Hi TNG Folks,

We all know ArcServe has this wonderful feature called Open File that allows us to backup active file (or files currently being used).

My backup failed for this particular file, x.log which is being accessed 4-6 times per second. Could this be the limitation of ArcServe OpenFile? Or any other possibly reason why this backup fails?

Thanks!

install the NT Client on the server you are backing up (even if the server is backing itself up), create a new backup but in the Source tab, expand the Client Agents, right click Windows NT Agents and add the server to be backed up. Select the drives you wish to backup.

I have found this method works in combination with the Open Files agent to backup log files etc.

Hi yy4me,

Thanks for the info.

Any idea if Arcserve can backup Oracle DB and Lotus Notes?

Thanks!!

only if you buy the appropriate agents from CA. I've never managed to get Oracle DB agent to work correctly though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back