Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Manager and Novell 5.1 SP 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrice

MIS
Dec 12, 2001
US
I recently installed Novell SP 5 on my 5.1 server and everything continued to run smoothly until I tried to use the Arcserve 7 manager to check on the status of some backups I had running. The manager began acting like it could not find an instance of Arcserve running on the server, however it is running. I can ping the server from the workstation as well as access other applications on that server. I have the latest patches for Arcserve installed and it seems to be running fine on the server, the only dificultly is in the manager. I looked in the documentation for the SP update but didn't find anything that would indicate a problem with Arcserve7, there was a comment baout Arcserve 6.6.

I am running Arcserve 7 Build 218. Any ideas out there?

Firstly, are you running IE5.5 or higher? The AS7 Manager relies on IE5.5 or higher.

Secondly, do you have entries in your workstations HOSTS or LMHOSTS.SAM pointing to your server as sometimes that can help.

Thirdly, ensure that your server is selected as the default server by choosing File / Select Server and type in the server name if necessary. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

TheLad,

Thanks for the response. I am currently running IE 6.0, the workstation does have entries for the server in the Hosts file, and for the server being set to default it is the only server I have in the list and is set to default. I have also tried using the server IP address to no avail.

Thanks,

Jim

Try adding the following key to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\ARCserveIT\Base\AlternateRPCPorts

Then add under the new key a DWORD for each server name with a vaule of 200 decimal.

Jeff

No luck with the registry key. I noticed no difference. Thanks for the input.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back