Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe Job Queue error (5) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2003
US
I keep getting an "ArcServe Job Queue error (5)" when trying to start a merge via ArcServe Manager. When another ArcServe admin attempts to run the same job, everything goes off without a hitch. We both have the same permissions on the Back-up server. Has anyone seen this before?

nafin

I think if you looked more closely you'd find that you really don't both have the same permissions. Either that or there are differences between workstations in terms of client version or Manager patching. Try on same workstation to eliminate this poss.

If you still have different effective rights then go back into NWAdmin and check 'em. You need full object and property rights. File rights aren't good enough. There's a list of objects you need on the CA site. (support.ca.com). I can tell you if you need to know (only gotta few minutes).

Do you see the server object at the top of the browse window on both workstations. I've see a similar scenario where rights "vanished" and this was illustrated by the local server object being missing from the top of the "tree" in a backup or restore window.

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back