Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve Job Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongtz

Technical User
May 19, 2003
MY
Windows NT Server SP6a
ARCServe 2000 Advanced SP4

Previously I install ARCserve 2000 v7.0 to one of the server because of the insufficient of the Harddisk Space due to increasing of files and programs I decided plan to move it to another available Harddisk partition in same server. My concern is: -

Can I maintain the entire ARCserve Event job logs after I install the ARCserve program to another Harddisk partition? If Yes,

What is the Steps ?

HI,

Make a copy of the 00000001.qsd , log folder and database foler from the current install of ARCserve..

after you reinstall ARcserve elsewhere, just copy over these folders to the new install path...

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "maintain the entire ARCserve Event job log".

If you mean can you preserve them then yes just make a backup copy prior to the reinstallation and then copy them over, they are in the log subdirectory.

If you mean can you control their size, well that depends.
Only the later versions will control the job logs. Versions 2000 and earlier created a job log for each job and left it up to the user to delete them. If you want you can set up a prune job to do that. But if you are talking about the activity log then as I rememeber the release notes have an entry that provides a registry setting to setup auto pruning on it.
Things that can make it grow large fast are:
Having the Job Engine in debug mode.
Having the Database Engine in debug mode.
Having OFA configured for ARCserve intergration.

Devidmichel...i solve the problem already. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back