Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

arcserve job doesn't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2002
NL
stopping the job manualy results in the following message
The job is active, do you want to stop it ?
answer : ok
result:
failed to stop the job.

stopping all engines: no result
rebooting server : no result, job still active.

Use the Kill command from the NT4 resource kit if all else has failed.

I had a similar problem. I found out what was being backed-up at the time by double-clicking the job entry to get the status dialog up. In my case this identified an Exchange mailbox. De-selecting that mailbox from the backup job made the next backup run fine.
Unfortunately for you (but helpful for me) I found that a reboot of the server DID stop the job. It was then reported by ARCserve as "Crashed".
I believe that there is an Exchange service that is known to stop during an ARCserver backup and that restarting it will allow the job to complete. You could take a note of all the running services before the backup and compare with when the backup hangs. You could also use Task Manager to note the tasks running before the backup starts and compare with when the backup is running. I bet there is a task that you can kill to stop the problem job.

HTH.
Keith.

In Task Manager there is a service called asrunjob.exe
end the task.
You might have to stp all the arcserv services in the services applet first and then kill the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back