Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe Job can't be Stopped or Deleted 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawn1too

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
US
I'm running ArcServeIT 2000 Version 7, on a Windows 2000 server. We had a problem that required the server be rebooted. Prior being rebooted we were unable to access any processes to shut them down. A backup was in process at the time of reboot.

Upon reboot, ArcServe shows the job as still active. When attempting to stop or delete the job, a message indicating "Failure to stop this job" is received. Several attempts to correct this have been made including stopping and restarting the engines and stopping services.

I would appreciate any suggestions to kill the active job.

Thank you,
Fawn1too

This has solved the problem for me on occasions.

1.Stop all Engines.

2. Browse to folder 00000001.QSD it will be located under the ArcServe directory. Win2k= C:\Program Files\ComputerAssociates\ARCserve\00000001.qsd
NT40= C:\ARCSERVEIT\00000001.qsd
The files under this folder corresponds with the Jobs in the ARCServe manager. The Job that is hung has a job number look for the corresponding file number for example;
Job 3 is file 00000003.JOB.

3. Delete this file then start all engines.

The job that was hung should be gone after the engines have stated.

thanks MCCP7 - even after all applicable patches and hotfixes - your file delete was the one that did the trick for me

Thankx MCCP7

I downloaded the fix but again, your method was the one that worked.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back