Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevJason1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
US
I am running Arcserve 6.10 on my novell 4.11 server and I am getting a message that it cannot login and therefore will not backup. I am wondering how to fix this if someone has an idea please leave a response. any help would be appeciated thanks in advance

What can't it login to? NDS, itself, or another server? Make sure that your job script has a user (& password) with appropriate rights.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

I have Arcserve 6.6 and Novell 5.
It is not much different to what you have.

Try this. It may be slightly different but not much.

Run Arcserve
Click on F2
Click on Backups
Click on Source
Click on your File Server icon. (It may be necessary to Click on something else and then click on your File Server icon)
Click on Login in the centre right of the screen
The username will be something like: CN=YOURUSERNAME.OU=USERORSOMETHINGSIMILAR.O=COMPANYNAMEORSOMETHINGSIMILAR
You will have to know your long format Novell name.
Enter your password.

Do a test backup only trying to backup a few files on the server.
Ignore the NDS for now but the same idea applies.

Let me know how you get on.

Thank you for the help I now have my backup working again I appreciate it

One of my client has Arcserve 6.6 for netware, on netware 4.1. He has installed the ARCserve 6.6 using Windows nt4 (sp6)as remote login to the Netware 4.1 server. When ever they fire a backup from the windows system.They get the error message E0015 "backup operation failed".

I renamed arch$srv.log to old, set the "arcserve debug on" and rescheduled the job. The messages which appeared to me, could be the reason for failure are noted below.

"Jul-17 11:48:51 [DEBUG] Scheduler will delay 60
seconds before next attempted job launch.
Jul-17 11:48:53 7 [DEBUG] E0107 Failed to Login to host
server,ffffff27"

"Jul-17 11:48:58 7 E0015 Job 7: Backup Operation Failed"

After reading the help file in the Arcserve. I checked for the Arcserve IT created user "chey_archsvr" that is not available. The current NLM version which they are working is Betrieve 6.1.

The service pack for Arcserve is not installed. The customer claims he was not able to apply the service pack also. It was poping some errors and comming out of the application.

All replys are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back