Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2008
NL
Hi,

I've encountered a rather strange problem on my W2k3 server, I'm unable to install any arcserve installations (11.0, 11.1, 11.5 and 12). I did manage to install the software on the server by remote installation, but my job engines keep crashing.

The error I get while installing the software is this:
Install failed. this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

The problem occured while I was trying to apply 11.5 SP3 to the server and now I'm stuck with this.

Thanks in advance!

what is the file size of 11.5 sp3 you downloaded ? If you have a cd try it from there

Really not sure so here are a few ideas.
Restart the server and try it again.
Install Windows Service Pack.
Search Microsoft site for "this installation package could not be opened". There are a number of tech docs on this problem happening with Office and perhaps some of the suggestions will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back