Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve hangs when stopping job 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

prigro

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2002
CA
I run a nightly backup of data off a server. The backup normally occurs over 3 sessions. My data has recently outgrown the storage capacity of my media (40GB). I am going to archive some data to get the daily backup below 40GB. However, outgrowing it has caused a new problem, the 3rd session prompts me to mount another media. At this point, the status is at a certain percentage waiting for the next tape. The next day, I just want to stop the job in the Job Queue, but it just sits at the point "stopping job". I also tried to "stop all engines", but it won't allow me to do that either. At this point I have been restarting the server which obviously stops the job. I recently updated to Arcserve's SP5. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does it sound like a glitch somewhere.

hi prigro

I have this problem, you usually have to log on to the backup server locally, on there you should find a pop up box, which says tape error refer to activity log, please mount new media to continue backup with , OK button and CANCEL button. If you click the cancel button this should stop the job.

Alternate is to PSKILL the CARUNJOB.EXE (ASRUNJOB.EXE on BABv7), stop the job engine, remote into the ARCSERVE$ share find the job queue folder.(eg 0000001.qsd) in there the job running will have 2 files one extension .JOB one extension .CHK, delete .CHK, and delete file QSYS.QUF, then restart the Job engine . This should solve issue. Obviously the first option is the better and quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back