Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCSERVE E3801 error when veryfing on second Dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch123

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
DK
Hey, can anyone help med with this, I have installed a second 12/24 dat in a Proliant 1600, I use ArcserveIT 6.61. build 834 SP2 A, The backup seem ok but when verifying Arcserve gives the message E3801 Invalid session header signature. (SIG=ffffffff)
en thereafter
E3841 Unable to find session number. (MEDIA=14-01-99 23:11, SESSION=10, EC=EARLY WARNING)it look as it's when the backup is switching to DAT no 2 that the error comes
When I try to make a smaller backup on either no 1 dat or no 2 dat. with verifying it seem ok
Thanks in advance

Bjarne Christiansen
IT2000 A/S Denmark

Are you using somekinda library or is it a single tape drive.if it is a single drive and the backup has spanned to two tapes , then checkout the timeout settings,maybe that would be the problem.

if you have a good backup and the operatiopn says successful I wouldnt bother to spent time on verifying this stuff.

STORAGEBOY

Hello, I finally fixed it this weekend, , the only thing I did was ti Initialize the database.

And here monday morning, I got a receipt from the alertenter.

Backup Operation Successful.

So maybee it can help others

regards Bjarne Christiansen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back