Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCSERVE:E21029 Error when loading on Netware 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristoB

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
ZA

I get the following error message on my Netware 5 server when running ASTART6. Can somebody please help!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARCserveIT job queue Information

Login Mode: NDS
Job Queue: CN=AQ6_FS2.OU=ARC.O=NWPG
Queue User: CN=AS_BACKUP_SERVER.OU=ARC.O=NWPG
E21029 server does not have valid job queue or queue user for product ARCserveIT
- [-14]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Have you just recently installed / upgraded arcserve?

There should be an Arcserve que object in your tree in the container housing the server object you are trying to backup. Look in NWADMIN for something like AQ6_SERVERNAME and the icon might have an arrow with a ? mark in a small box. This is your backup que. If it's not there, it was not created during the install.

I have found that when we have installed a new version of Arcseve or upgraded that we sometimes have to delete this que object, delete the arcserve directory, and reinstall to solve this problem.

You will need to have sufficient rights to do all of this, but it should create a new que object when you reinstall.

If the que object is there, see who the trustees of the object are, and what the object has rights to. It should have rights to the container it resides in, and someone with file system rights should be a trustee.

Hope this helps,

ZR

Hello Zaneryrie (MIS)

The job que AQ6_FS8 was created with installation with full rights to the container and Admin was trustee. Did not help.
Deleted and reinstalled - same problem.

View the ASCONFIG.INI file in the ARCserve home directory. Check the 'BinderyEmulation' switch under the [Host] section. If this switch is set to 'Yes,' then ARCserve, while loading, will try to find a Bindery Queue and Bindery User which were created during an installation. The ' E21029 ' error message reported by PFC.NLM indicates that Bindery Emulation was set to 'No' but that the installation was still Bindery-based. So, PFC was looking for Directory Services Queue and Server objects but could not find them. Either the installation set it up wrongly or the BinderyEmulation switch has been edited.

Here is another solution pulled from the CA website:

Title: E21029 Server does not have a valid job Queue or Queue user for product ARCserve -14
Date: 11/30/1998
Product: ARCserve 6.1 & ARCserveIT 6.6 for NetWare

PROBLEM: E21029 Server does not have valid job Queue or Queue user for product ARCserve -14 When using the command line as6util that ships with 6.1 to verify the Server and Queue we get error -219 This is a mixed environment of ARCserve 6.1 and ARCserveIT 6.6 where both servers are in the same container This was working until the Server and Queue where deleted and recreated

RESOLUTION: When running ARCserve 6.1 and ARCserveIT 6.6 in the same container they share the as_backup_server object. There are some differences in the objects created by 6.1 & 6.6. The Server and Queue objects must be created using the as6util that ships with ARCserveIT 6.6. If the customer uses the command line as6util to create the Queue for the 6.1 install, ARCserve will fail to load with an E21029 [-14]

One more thing. When you install / reinstall, are you doing an NDS install or a bindery install? Since I don't have a test server to try this on I can't go look at the screen and tell you exactly how to do it or what the difference is. I believe that during an NDS install you select a "tree" and walk the tree navigating to the container and then the server. In a bindery install, you just select from a list of servers. It's a screen that's easy to miss during an install.

Hope this helps.

ZR

Hi Zaneryrie

It is a Bindery installation because you only get a option of servers, no tree. I have deleted all other installation of Arcserve on my other servers and in NWAdmin(AS_BACKUP_SERVER,AQ6_FS8 and SMS_GROUP), created a new Organizational unit in the tree called Arcserve, installed a new server under the Org. unit and then installed Arcserve 6.6 Enterprise Edition on that dedicated server,
logged in as myself with full Admin rights - same problem.

Hi

I see the following appears in the NLMINFO.LOG file. Does it
look correct? (Users Supported : -1)

Server Information

Server Name : FS8
Server Bus Type : ISA
NetWare Version : 5.00
Users Supported : -1
SFT Level : 2
TTS Level : 1
Peak Connections Used: 3

use as6util and delete queue first and then server and extend ur shema in asutil and then create queue and server from as6util.u can find as6util in arcserve\utility directory

use as6util and delete queue first and then server and extend ur shema in asutil and then create server and create queue from as6util.u can find as6util in arcserve\utility directory

I'm this exact error message. None of these fixes have any effect on the error. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back