Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve e-mail alerts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitfixer

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
IE
I have just installed Arcserve 2000 on a small network
40+ PC's running Win 98,
1 Proliant Server running NT4 Server
1 Whistle jet mail server(this is an IBM product bought from our ISP as a one-box e-mail solution)

Question;
How do I setup Alert so that I get an e-mail reporting the backup status?, Arcserve seems to cater only for large networks and looks for Exchange Server, I am sure there must be a way of configuring this for our whistle jet, I am critical of the PDF manual,

Any help or suggestions welcome

I was looking into the email Alerts used in ArcServe, for use with Novell Groupwise. I could not get it to work. ArcServe uses MAPI to transfer the mail, not POP3 or SMTP. It seems very hardcoded to Exchange.

My solution was to write an application to send the email using groupwise, which is called from the POST backup command.

As for a proper solution. I do not know!

Adam

hello adame
i am in the theme situation as you ( using groupwise client)and can t get work the Email alerte
what kind of applications did you write to send the report/alert trought Groupwise
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back