Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Client Agent for Windows 2000 Issues......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtanner01

Technical User
Nov 20, 2001
CA
I have started to have problems with one of my servers running Arcserve Client Agent for W2K. Please note this Server (our Terminal Server) was working fine then stopped when I added the Microsoft Hotfix Q287687 (TS Licensing fix).

At which point I was not able to START the Client Agent service on this server, and was getting a 1067 Error Unable to start Client Agent Locally. We have ensured our licensing levels are correct for the products. Arcserver then recommended we login using a different account, which I did (used the backup acct for domain that is used to access servers to run jobs). The service started!

Now....When I try and access that Client Agent Server I get an error 8531. I have checked the security for this to the best of my ability and can not figure out what the issue is. This Server was working fine with the same UserID and password previously. Also all the other Client Agent servers are working fine.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. This situation has been going on for 3weeks and Arcserve has not been able to help me fix this. I have not backup on my TS server.

Thank,
M. Tanner

I've found that you have to change the connection login in 3 places. Once on the client system, once in each job submission, and when selecting the system in job setup. Do it in this order: Change (though you probably already have) it at the client system. Modify the job, open the first screen, right click on each client and change security there. Then re-submit the job, ensuring you change the ID and password there as well.

Seems laborius, but I've found it necessary each time we change passwords. Sometimes the client would take the new password, sometimes not...only by changing in all three places will it consistently connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back