Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Can't delete "Active" job. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyNECG

Vendor
Dec 10, 2003
US
We are using Arcserve9. I ran a backup 2 days ago, and stopped the backup mid-process. The status is 27% and "Stopping". When I tried to stop this again, the system notifies me "this job has been stopped, please wait until process is safely terminated". Then when I try to delete the backup I get an error "This job is active. It cannot be deleted".

Any Suggestions?

-Ruby

Check for a process called "carunjob" and END the process. If you can't END it, kill it using the KILL utility.
This should solve your problem.

Was the job in the middle of backing up via an agent?
If so go to the agent and restart it. That should cancel out the job since the server is probably just stuck waiting for a reply from the agent.

If you still can't get it to stop, you will have to kill the job and re-add it back in.

Make a note of the job number. Stop all the Arcserve services. Browse to the queue directory ( the 00000001.qsd folder under your Arcserve root folder) and delete the job#.JOB file. Re-start the services and you will see the job is gone. Just re-add it or re-create it at this point.

If the problem presists with this job, check for a pattern of failure. If it stops at the same point every time using an agent, you can try restarting or reinstalling the agent.

HI, DLSTEWART6759:

I tried and worked out my problem.

Now I am getting trouble to create pruning job. Can you help me out? Thanks!

Hello,
You can set up prune jobs through Brightstor Server Admin- configuration- database tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back