Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve cannot detect all the slot for DLT VS80 autoloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

clkaren

MIS
Sep 3, 2001
SG
Hi all,

I have just installed Arcserve 9.0 on my window 2000 server. Although Arcserver can detect my tape drive but the problem is, it can only detect 1 slot instead of 8 slots. Can anyone advise how can i resolve this issue.

Arcserve 9.0
Device: HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader DLT VS80 tape drive.

thanks & regards
Karen

May need a service pack which will detect newer devices.

Neill

Hi Neil,

Thanks, i have already installed the service pack but that didn't solve the problem.

regards
Karen

The GUI will only show used slots by default so if you only have 1 tape in there that is all that will show, you can change this by clicking on the 'filter?' option in the device management GUI.

Did you run device configuration to setup the library first?

Install the post SP1 Tape Engine update.

To show the slots in the library Device Configuration must be run.

also check the SCSI controller, some controllers do not have muliple LUN support enabled by default, therefore only the tape drive will be seen. You can enable multiple LUN support in the SCSI config menu (to be altered before the systemn starts)

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back