Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve Backup Taking VERY LONG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendaluv

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
CA
Hi,

i was wondering if anybody else was experiencing this...were using ARcserve 2000 6.6 to backup the folowing Data :

- Microsoft Information Store
- Exchange Brick Level
- Registry/System State

the total data size is about 35Gigs...i started a backup Monday night at 8...and it has been running for 40+hours...i know it's not stuck due the fact that when i open the properties for the Arcserve Job...i can see that it is progressing through the Mailboxes...

so is this normal? what can i do to speed this up...i remember that with exhcange 5.5, the same data took 8 hours to backup...HELP!

many thanks

BL

Hi , are you using Norton Antivirus on this server ?

No...were using F-secure.

Now i'm using NTbackup to backup the data to the disk...then in the morning i backup the data to tape. it's takes about 2 hours this way. Arserve sucks.

My arcserve works great. I'm doing 92GB in 17 hours (I am not doing a brick level backup though). I think you have a config issue. Have you gone to CA's website to check on any issues with F-Secure/Brick level and to also see if there are any new patches?

Why are you not backing up the Brick Level?

So how do you restore your Individual Mailboxes?

I don't. I've never had to. If I ever have to and I have not gotten the recovery manager or similar type product then it will be a major pain to do so.

Back to the issue, have you checked for updates/FAQs for your probelm?

This morning we installed the latest service pack (sp5) for arcserve 7.0 AE...we havent rebooted yet...but hopefully it will fix this issue. I will let you know of the outcome.

since support for arcserve expires march31 2004, i've begun looking into Aelita solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back