Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve backup stop mailbox management process

Status
Not open for further replies.

niners

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
After I run my backup, mailbox manager will not run until we restart the system attendant. Then it will run one time and stop again. Any suggestions?

what version of arcserve you are using?

if AS2000 you should implement SP4 + some fixes

(maybe a post batch-job that restarts the service helps until you find the "real" problem and solution

/Bart

I am running Arserve2000 build 1100 version 7 with SP4 and all of the patches that I can think of. We have a call open to Microsoft about another issue and I asked them about this. We are currently recieving 9202 errors in event viewer for this. The description of the error is Failure to open default store. Are you running the same version and if so, are you doing Brick level backups? This only occurs if I do a brick level backups. Info Store backup does not affect this. I will let you know what I find.

niners,

Are you backing-up drive M? Do not attempt to back up or use an antivirus scanner against drive M of an Exchange 2000 Server computer. If you do so, problems may occur with calendaring, access to attachments and messages, and damage to the Exchange 2000 database. Mail flow issues may also occur.

Peping

Peping, no I am not backing up or scanning drive M. I was told never to do that. The brick levels are wiping out some registry keys needed to perform the mailbox management. I currently stopped doing the brick levels and we are now using exmerge for brick level backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back