Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve back up agent for Microsoft Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdagupta

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2002
AU
I have been trying to configure the backup agent for exchange but failed. doing exactly the way its been instructed (mailbox, service account, password and domain)...giving the right permission to the installer etc.
but it still giving me the error message (failed to get information for the specified account ec=1314)

Is there is any suggestions?

Thank you

hi,
pls give the detailed information pertainig to the environment like version of exchange, arcserve..is exchange a member server or exchange and arcserve on the same box...
it helps in solving the prob..
hope u understand..
thanks just check it man

Thank you very much for the reply

I am using exchange 5.5 with a tape drive on the server. Both ArcServe and exchange are on the same server. ArcServe version is 6.1. I have looked at all the links that you have sent, and did everything as it asked...still not working.

Thanks

if its a member server then you need to create a local exchange agent a/c or dbagent a/c with all the requisite group membership and rights, also remember that user should not be a member of domain users group.
thanks Happiness is a daily decision

Check out the forum: Arcserve 2000 Exhange backup agent

User "aamchimumbai (IS/IT--Manageme) Jul 11, 2002" has written a complete procedure to resolve this problem.
Here it is again:

aamchimumbai (IS/IT--Manageme) Jul 11, 2002
I got it sorted out ..Thanx everybody for their ansewers.

1. Create a domain account for the user to be used while configuring the agent.
2. Give it Administrators, Domain Admin, Backup Operators rights. Remove Domain Users from the group list. Make Domain Admin the Primary group of the user.
3. In Domain Controller Security Policy, Under Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment; assign Act as part of operating system, Logon on as a service & Logon on locally rights to the user.
4. In Domain Security Policy, Under Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment; assign Act as part of operating system & Logon on as a service rights to the user.
5. In Local Security Policy, Under Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment; assign Act as part of operating system, Logon on as a service & Logon on locally rights to the user.
6. If it’s a Member Server add the domain user to Administrators, Power Users and Backup Operators groups.
7. If it’s a Member Server create a user with the same user name and password as the domain user on the local machine and assign it to Administrators, Power Users and Backup Operators groups.
8. On the Exchange server go to System Manager, right click on the Organisation icon and select Delegate Control and add the Domain User and assign Exchange Full Administrator rights to it.
9. Install the agent and give all the valid inputs in the boxes, Exchange should authenticate the user.
10. Start Arcserve Backup and take Brick Level Backups of the Exchange Server.

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back