Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCSERVE BABv7 and ms04 -024,025 patching

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzcwsq

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
GB
I am not sure if anyone else has had these problems but i will present them and see

Following of install of patches ms04-024, 025, i know we have old software here but the client likes it or at least doesnt want to spend any more.
we had loads of errors. these incude

--Message engine shut down on NT4 machines,
--SDLT device sundenly unrecognised by the SCSI device
--MSL5030 ultium library decides it likes loading a tape into a device with a tape in it already
--Arcseve database corruption (besides the normal monthly fixes)
--backup running at 700MB/min sundenly running at 100MB/min

I know ive told the client they should upgrade but still dicussing it 12 months later on at every board meeting (ever feel you might want to create a problem to justfy the upgrade)

anyone else getting this appreciate it as CA dont support anylonger.

1) probably corruption or problem with an update, make sure AS is up to date, reinstall.
2) ck out Which Driver Should I Use? faq478-3987.
3) see #2
4) repair, initialize, or replace the database
5) perhaps #2, ck for updated SCSI controller driver

CA does not write code fixes for it anymore, but it is my understanding support will still help you.

David Micheal

thanks for your ideas

1) would agree if it wasnt for 20 backup servers simultaniously getting the problem after patch applied

3) & 5) FAQ478-3987. yes been using this for a long time non of the NT drivers are enabled, and where on Win2000 they are set to disabled

4) repair initialise or replace database, yes done every 2 weeks by running the repair batch file on the ca web site. Just an increase in corruption, on 5-6 backup servers.

5) one to look at ill let you know, but the backup of its self is at normal levels, seems to be NIC outwards,

Main reason for posting was to see if its just dumb luck coincedence, or route problem. But thanks for feedback

thanks for advice davidmicheal

done all of these, any other advise? got me confused also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back