Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe and recovery storage groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quitch

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2006
NL
I need to restore a database from an old backup to recover a mailbox... or more specifically, a folder from within the mailbox. Now I believe the way to do this would be to put the database into a recovery storage group, then exmerge out the mailbox I want to a PST.

Thing is, I can't find how to restore to the recovery storage group in ArcServe. On the destination screen I can see Database level, but it doesn't list storage groups so that's no good. If I try and use document level, which does show them, it complains I'm trying to extract to an invalid path.

Help!

Except... no. Instructions are great, but no matter what I do it tries to restore to the following path:

E8603 24/05/2007 15:57:40 923 4 Failed to write to database. (DBNAME=First Storage Group\D:\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb, EC=EXCH:Backup Agent Error -- (1364) "Exchange Server Error. HrESERestoreAddDatabase failed. Make sure database exits, dismounted, and can be overwitten. Check Backup Agent Activity Log".)

This is an attempt to restore the old mailstore which used to reside on this server until the server and Exchange layouts were redesigned from the ground up, including the partitioning system.

According to the article above, when a Recovery Storage Group exists ArcServe should default to restoring to that, but this doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure why it's trying to use the D drive either, I would like it to use the S drive but don't know how to change this.

I have followed the instructions in the article above to the letter, trying both methods of selecting the destination, but neither worked.

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back