Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9, Netware 6 - E1062 Invalid Session Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

domburi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2002
US
On all of my most recent tapes, when merging or restoring, I get this error message:

E1062 - Invalid Session Signature

The Restore/Merge Operation then quits. I have patched Arcserve & Netware, upgraded my Sony DLT-9000's firmware, and tried restoring by media, session, wizard, and every other way but always receive the same error.

I have been in contact with CA support and they have run me through many many cfg changes and the like but there has been no progress. I have down Tape Tests, etc and it seems the tape drive is good - of course backing up & restoring that backup now works fine.

I thought maybe someone here would have some ideas. I desperately need the files on these tapes!

I am having the same problem - but on Netware 5.1 servers.

Have you resolved this yet? What hardware do you have?

moffatc,

I worked with CA on this for a LONG time. They were completely unable to restore my tapes - the data on them was trashed.

They did issue me a patch to prevent this from happening again. I do not think it is available on their website... two files a new fstape.nlm and fstape.msg. Seemed to fix the problem.

What versions of the fstape modules did they provide? We are running version 9.00 (March 7, 2003) and still having these problems.

FSTAPE.NLM
Version 9.00.00 Wednesday, May 14, 2003
(C) Copyright 2002 Computer Associates International. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks for you help.

Is there any way you could e-mail them to me? My address is moffat.chris@ic.gc.ca.

Thx again!

Try making a backup Without selecting the files in the root of the volume. And see if you can now restore.

Willem Jan

we were having a similar problem to this too after the old tape drive broke. we bought a new one and it seemed to back-up without errors. a year down the track we needed to restore a whole HDD as it failed and the restoration fails with E3801. we ended up downloading some demo software to see if it could retore the critical files and it did. it doesn't seem to care about the file signatures and thus doesn't have a problem with them. give it a try if you really need some files. it is called mmpc or media merge.

hope it helps.
Phat Hag

Could you send me the files, I have the exact same problem

thanks
fdl@cascades.com

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

Hello,

using netware 6 latest service packs
arcserve 9.01

I still have this problem, anybody has any advice? using a hp4100 server with dlt80

I realy need some of the files on the tapes that i cant read, getting the " E1062 - Invalid Session Signature "
when scanning or merging the tape

Thanx.
Hans

As I had wrote above a couple of months back, I had a very similar problem and it took me weeks to solve. In the end the software that let me recover my files was from the web site below. The link to download the demo is: note: you do have to fill out a very quick form, which I was a bit sceptical about, but in all honesty it really is worth it. I had tried everything else I could find.
More infomation on the software at:
Let me know if this works for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back