Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9 and Exchange Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonhulme

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
AU
When i try to backup the Information store of my Exchange 5.5 sever I find the backup job fails with the following error in the event logs -

Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Directory, EC=ASPEN-FP1:Backup Agent Error -- (68) "Error status is in named pipe.".)

0.06MB of data is backed up.

Has anyone come accross this problem before, or a solution?

Thanks

When i try to backup the Information store of my Exchange 5.5 sever I find the backup job fails with the following error in the event logs -

Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Directory, EC=ASPEN-FP1:Backup Agent Error -- (68) "Error status is in named pipe.".)

0.06MB of data is backed up.

Has anyone come accross this problem before, or a solution?

Hi
1-Is Antivirus is running while taking the backup? is yes
try to stop it and take the backup.

2-which antivirus are you using

3-in Registry chnage the value of Usetcp from 0 to 1 (to use tcp instead on Named piped)
registry path is HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\ArcserveIT\DSagent\CurrentVersion\dbaexch\usetcp
stop and start Arcserve RPC serve

regards
mohamdr

Hi

1-Is Antivirus is running while taking the backup? is yes
try to stop it and take the backup.

2-which antivirus are you using

3-in Registry chnage the value of Usetcp from 0 to 1 (to use tcp instead on Named piped)
registry path is HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\ArcserveIT\DSagent\CurrentVersion\dbaexch\usetcp
stop and start Arcserve RPC serve

Note:The Registry path may slightly differ in Arcserve 9

regards
mohamdr

Thanks for the reply -

We are using InoculateIT - I have disabled the realtime scan on both the Exchange server and the backup server but this doesn't help.

The registry key you suggested changing is already set to the value you gave - UseTcp is set to 1
Would changing this to 0 have any effect.

Regards

Jon

With ref to E8602 Remote pipe open failed: time-out issue, following informaiton is usefull:

These are common in cases where Innoculate/eTrust AV is running.

- Update the eTrust drivers from the following page:
- If the above doesn't make a difference,
Go into the Realtime Monitor options, selection tab. Under regular files specify "all except the specified exceptions", and go to edit list, and hit the add button. A file extension with the description "No extension" will be added. This will force InoculateIT/eTrust AV not to scan named pipes.

regards,
mohamdr

Hi
Inoculate drivers depend on your Antivirus version.
go support.cai.com and select your product version then go to patches list and find drivers update patch

regards
mohamdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back