Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9 activity log problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacca

Technical User
Dec 25, 2003
HK
I have a W2K server running ARCserve 9 and Backup Agent for Open File (BAOF). They work fine except logging.

In the activity log, there are tons of BAOF messages. For example:
BAOF: Allowed backup of open file D:\DATA\xxx\xxx.doc

Basically I can't explore the activity log because most messages are BAOF message. And it seems that there is no option in ARCserver and BAOF to disable such message.

Do you know any way I can disable BAOF message? Thanks!

OFA configuration and deselect ARCserve Extended Features or ARCserve Intergration, I forget exactly what it is called in that version.

Or you can use some command line editing. I usually use the 'tail' command (GNU tool, also available for Windows, probable for free). Tail shows only the last lines of a particular file. You can tell tail :) how much lines must be shown.

Start a command box on the server or via a remote command session or something like that.

C:\<arcservepath>\Log\tail -nnnn arcserve.log | find /i "<string>"

Where 'nnnn' stands for any number of lines you want to search through and "<string>" stands for the word to look for. "<arcservepath>" is the Arcserve installation location. Example:

C:\<arcservepath>\log\tail -2500 arcserve.log | find /i "throughput"

This will show the backupspeed for all jobs found in the last 2500 lines of the arcserve.log.

Maybe it helps!

thx rabowsm1, tail + find ..... r u linux guru? ;-)

I'd prefer using grep instead in combo with tail but unfortunately we run GNUtils on our Win32 servers and grep isn't included (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back