Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9 Active directory restore problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia03

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
IE
Hi,

Does anyone know how exactly Arcserve 9 backs up Active directory? I recently did a disaster recovery test and had massive problems restoring my domain controllers.

After I restored the system state (which was a success according to arcserve) the DC would not boot up. It would only allow me to boot back into directory services restore mode.

Due to space constraints we originally installed Active directory on the D: partition of the live domain controller and I'm wondering if acrserve is backing it up at all because it is not on C:

Also, I tried to backup the system state using ntbackup three times and each of these was corrupt when I tried to restore from it. This may be a seperate issue but I'm wondering does it all come down to the AD installation not being on C: and if so, how can I get around it?

Thanks in advance!

Mia

I think that is you must perform it (restore AD) on Windows2000 directory service restory mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back