Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9.01 "E3705 Unable to format media"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuber

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
CH
I am using ARCserve 9.01 on Win2000 with a Library and 4 DLT 7000 drives, hooked together in a (two) RAID1.
When the backup started instead of formatting the media, I received the error E3705 Unable to format media (EC=RAID ERROR MULTIPLE OVERWRITE JOBS).
There is only one (daily) job assigned to that group and I also tried to use new tapes. I also tried to look at the tape debug log, but server admin would open 6 or seven times in taskmanager but not load. Finally the only thing was to reboot the server. After that I restarted the job and the tapes were formatted and the job ran successfully.

Has anyone seen this error?

Thanx,
Conny

Hi,

it's ARCserve 9; the patch you state was for 7. Library is connected directly via SCSI, the four DLT share two other SCSI cards (that configuration had worked with ARCserve 2000 for 2 years now, including RAID option). I had the library and all tapedrives checked ... no errors on hardware. (Windows does not show any errors either.)
By now I think I have a database problem; I'm using VLDB and I see many astpsdat.XXX files in the database director; also file raa....chg is up to raaaaabi.chg ... Also when I do a vldbcheck I get an error 10 on any database.
I'll try to switch to SQL now ... Any other ideas?

Conny

Nope ... no drwatson before yesterday ...
After I switched to SQL-Database ýesterday and both jobs ran last night, I received a drwatson in tapeeng.exe when one job started with formatting the media (2 medias, because it's raid1) to continue backup (sequence 5 of 7). When I came in this morning, the tapeengine was stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back