Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 9.0 license windows client

Status
Not open for further replies.

genexxa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2003
CA
Hi,

i have ArcServe 9.0 running on my backup server perfectly. Today i tried to install the same version of ArcServe with the same license. By the way the 2 servers are on different domain. here are the following option that i choose during the installation:

- ArcServe Backup Version 9 for Windows (Server + Manager)
- ArcServe 9 Tape Libary Option
- ArcServe 9 Disaster Recovery Option
- BAB 9 Client agent for Windows

When i.m trying to License all those options everything looks good execpt the BAB 9 client agent. Here is the error:

The license key you have enetered is invalid.

The license key is not invalid because i'm running with the same serial on my backup server. CA is telling me it's because i have the same serial in both servers. But why all the other option are still working with the same serial?

Thank you

Don't understand why you are installing a client agent on a host server - it isn't needed to back it up.

Oh and BTW you need a separate licence for each installation - doesn't matter that they are on a different domain - 2 host server installations means that you need 2 sets of licences.

You have to register the client agent... instead of register each single server you now insert the serial on the server to register all your agent... Version 9 by the way! my license is good for 15 agent..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back