Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 9.0 DR Option on Win2k Server w/SP3 integrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbobast

MIS
Feb 24, 2002
GB
I have a Windows 2000 SP3 server installation which has a 3.5 year old Arcserve 9.0 installation on. The admin who installed it originally attempted to create a Arcserve Disaster recovery Boot Kit with this configuration. It didn't work - apparently Arcserve 9.0 DR didn't support 2k Server with SP3 integrated on the install CD.

Is this still the case (surely not!), if not what is required? Am I correct in assuming it's an arcserve Service Pack or Patch? Incidentally what is the lastest service pack for Arcserve 9.0 and where do i find it? I'm not being lazy, it's just that the CA website (support & product) is the most atrocious I have EVER seen in terms of gaining useful information - whoever designed that piece of s**t needs to go back to school!

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paul.

Take a step back and read what you wrote. This is not a "lets say what we feel blog site", this is a site that is all about people helping others in a mature professional way. Personally I find the post offensive enough to red flag it for deletion. Putting my personal feelings aside I will offer some help anyways.

ARCserve 9.0 download page

But there has not been anything new since Dec. of 2005.

Also you should know:
With the announced availability of BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.5, support for BrightStor ARCserve Backup v9 and BrightStor Enterprise Backup 10.5 will be discontinued effective June 1, 2007

Finally along the left column is a link called "Product Home Pages". As the name implies that will get you to the home page for all the CA products. If you would have tried that link you could have found BrightStor ARCserve Backup.

WOW! Firstly, thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Secondly, why the hostility? All I was doing was giving some background to the problem I was having. What exactly do you find offensive about my post? The fact that I claimed the CA website is absolutely grim and totally non-intuitive? I truly believe it is.

But like I say thanks for the help you've given me, the link you've provided for me is exactly the page on the CA site I was looking for, but couldn't find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back