Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 7 for NW Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadimh

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hello There again! Having problesms with Arcserve 7 Manager running on XP/2000/NT/98. Freezes every 2 to 3 minutes. To put it lightly, it Gets unusable after a while. Anyway my setup is as follows: Compaq Proliant, Qualstar 4480 (84 slots and 4 AIT2 tape drives) (Obviously using TLO) Connected via LVD SCSI (2 Adaptec Ultra2 cards). Did not have any issues with the same changer and the same scsi cards with my old ArcserveIT 6.6 Enterprise Ed. for NW. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Oh yeah, running on Novell 5.1 with SP3 and all of the pertinent Arcserve 7 patches. Thank You.

Vadimh,

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am experiencing the same problems and can't seem to figure it out. Please let me know if you came up with a solution.

Thanks,

Jim Trice

Hi,
As far as I know, Arcserve 7 Manager on a Windoes XP machine is not supported. If you get an opportunity to go through the release notes of Arcserve 7, it is very clearly mentioned that the Manager software can be installed on win98, winNT 4.0 and win2K workstations.

Hope this helps!!!

ArcserveFreek "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

Hi again,
I remember the next release of Arcserve, Arcserve 9 for NW will get supported on windows XP. I checked the beta release it works fine.
You can register for the same and have it tested....

ArcserveFreek "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

What happened to Arcserve 8? Did CA decide to miss a number? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back