Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 7 does not work with Netware 5.1 SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

eppi

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2002
CH
Sice we updated to SP3 for NW5.1 ArcServe 7 is not more usable.
We patched newest TCP/IP, CLIBs, AS7 nlm's. We also tried all possibilies in Manager-Access with W98/NT40/W2K, with and without Novell-Clients. We already opened calls without success, only with confirmation, that there is a problem. Also we loaded IPX in our (normaly Pure IP) envirement - no success.
The reason to update SP3 was, that we had a very bad performance in restore (2 MB/min.) and had to update the tcp/ip nlm for to solve the problems. But there was the recommandation from Novell first to update SP3.
Following problems:
- If I'm able to access Manager (one time it works, one time not),
there is no possible to work, then the manager is extremly slow.
- If I'm in the manager, there are no volumes shown, only Treename
and no objects.
- If I want to change a job, Manager crashes.
- Only Manager Version 6.6 SP4 works with AS7, but not all
funktionality is there
- Also normaly one from two NWAGENT abended every time if is loaded.
- One agent is running and could be accessed by Manager with volumes

I'm sure, that there are patches coming out from CA, but at the moment, we are in a bad situation.

Have someone a solution for our problems?

Thanks for help.
Daniel

Have you tried reinstalling Arcserve? You could rename your existing Arcserve directory and install a new copy without any patches on it and see if that works ok?

Sorry to say it but I have seen AS7 working well on many NW5.1 SP3 servers?!?! -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Sounds like database corruption. Try starting from scratch. My NW51SP3 AS7 works fine.

After much configuration and patching, I was able to get Arcserve 7 to work reliably with Netware 5.1 SP3.

I would agree with TheLad and Cool345 and try a complete reinstall of Arcserve. Then add patches as necessary.

If found the Solution:
It was CLIB Update for Netware 5.1 (Versions January/February from Novell).
We tested out with new server. If we take CLIB from SP3 it works fine. With newest CLIB not volumes are shown and Manager is not usable.
Daniel
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back