Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 7.0 Failed to Stop Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

mupp3t

MIS
Aug 19, 2004
GB
Dear All

I have a w2K server running arcserve 7.0, it has an active job which I need to stop, however I receive an error.

Failed To Stop Job

I dont know why, as the log shows nothing apart from a few stops and starts of the

Database
Tape
Message Engines

Can anyone give me any advise?

Thanks in advance
M

ARCserve 2000 did not do a very good job of stopping jobs once they are running. If you really need that functionality you should look into upgrading to a more recent (and supported) release. It does a better job of stopping backup jobs. Restore jobs are another story.

Mine has only been running for one day but nothing seems to stop it. I'm also interested in an answer. I have a consultant who stopped the job and rebuilt my whole backup series last week. The recurrence indicates to me that I still have a problem.

Sometimes it is related to a agent. Check it see if the last session was an agent backup, if so try restarting that agent.

Or the quick and dirty way is to stop the Job Engine, close the Manager, and delete the 00000001.qsd directory. It will be recreated when the Job Engine starts up again.

If you have not saved the jobs to disk you might want to do that first.

I deleted Queue 5 which was the hung job, but I had to recreate the job. I had it saved so it wasn't a big deal to open it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back