Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 7.0 Err=E3802

Status
Not open for further replies.

ropl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
US
Hi! We are running ArcServe 7.0 on Win2000 server. We have tape drive OnStream SC-30. I can make backups but.. I am getting E3802 invalid File Header Signature when I try to restore files. It doesn't matter if I use Wizard or not. It was working in the past untill January, but since then I'm getting this errors for some tapes but not all. So some tapes are useless. I scaned tapes, all sessions are there. Please help...Thanks.
Renata Oplatek

Did you ever find an answer? I am having the same problem.

Fixx

Fixx - can you tell us your operating system and Service Pack level please? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

clean the tape device's head twice or thrice? try restoring from different tapes and try a fresh backup and restore. it will make the picture clear for you.
thanks Happiness is a daily decision

I am ARCserve 2000 with SP4. I have an Exabyte LTO Tape Library. It appears only on certain backups of the registry files on certain computers - otherwise my backups are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back