Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 7.0/2000 and Exchange bricklevel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallst32

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
US
My Arcserve 2000/7.0 bricklevel backups are working for periods of time, and then all of a sudden they stop working.

It appears to me that when you add new mailboxes this problem occurs.

Whenever the backups aren't working, I receive a 429 "cannot open IS" error.

When the server was first built, the bricklevels worked no problem. Then new mailboxes were added, and I started getting the 429 error. I then applied this patch:
QO22840.CAZ “NT – Exchange Cumulative Brick Level Update".

That fixed the problem for 4-6 weeks. More mailboxes have been added, and now I get the 429 error again.

Any suggestions on what to try now? If I add or remove mailboxes, do I need to modify the backup job to reflect the changes to stabilize it?

Exchange 2000 SP3 - Arcserve 7.0/2000 dbagent/server SP4

TIA

Same stuff here. The problem came a few weeks ago on the full backup rotation. No problem on the incremental jobs. Maybe it has a conflict with a Microsoft patch?

For me there is always something wrong with the software. It works but it's so #@{##@! unstable. I think the guy that released version 2000, 2 years ago, should resign. And now they want us to buy the new (probably a hidden BETA) version. No WAY !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back