Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve 2K skipping dbexchis during backup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeCutter

Programmer
Jun 6, 2002
IE
I'm running ARCserve 2000 SP4 and attempting to back up MS Exchange over the network. The Exchange server also has ARCserve 2000 SP4 and Exchange Agent 2000. Both servers are connected to a SAN and share a tape library.

My problem is that, during a scheduled backup using media pools and multiple clients, the backup skips the Information Store without giving any error messages.

There's nothing in any logfile that I can see that shows that the IS was even addressed by the job.

I can run a one-off backup of the server without any problem, so I know it's not an access issue, and I can even schedule the job to run daily, so scheduling isn't the problem either.

I've had a support call open with CA for several months now, but there's no sign of a solution yet.

I've tried reinstalling the agent and also running the backup from the Exchange box itself, but the problem repeats itself there.

If anyone has experienced this and found a solution, or has any advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

Jake Jake Cutter
IT Operations: Always outnumbered, always outgunned...

Speshalyst,

Thanks, man - I've applied that, and I'll test it over the weekend.

I'll post again when I know whether it worked.

Makes me wonder why CA couldn't have pointed me to that patch?

Bizarre, isn't it?

Jake Jake Cutter

Hi, Speshalyst,

I'm running a scheduled job right now using media pools and it's backing up the Information Store, so it looks like that patch worked out. I'll be keeping an eye on it, but it's looking good...

Thanks again for the advice - I really appreciate it.

Jake Jake Cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back