Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 2000 strange behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkaic

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2004
DE
Hi,

My backup/restore jobs are finally working fine and I also managed to configure alerts in ArcServe 2000 (printouts, network broadcasts and e-mail via Exchange), but ArcServe generates message via Alert (the same appears also in the job log) which always starts with:

?u?u?u?u?????????????}?????????????}?u?} Operation Incomplete. Number of Errors/Warnings: 0/2

These warnings are irrelevant (some open files), but these question marks are always generated, regardless the type of job ?! To me it seems that ArcServe can not recognize the name of the job ?! Could this be true?

Any idea how to fix it?

I'm running ArcServe 2000 SP5 with latest patches on Windows 2000 server with SP4 (fully patched), using HP MSL5026SL2 SDLT library.

Thanx,

Neven

Could be a problem with the job. Check to see if it only happens with the one job.

I have the same problem with my AS2000. Mine occurred after a database recovery and SP5 install. It's fully patched but jobs are broadcasted with a bunch of ?????????????. The ???????????? are also reflected on the Job logs upon completion. All pre-programmed jobs such as tape erase, tape cleaning, pruning, etc. are announced just fine. I zapped my QSD job files but it is still recurring.

Anybody got any ideas????? HELP!!!!

Follow up on this: I did one more database recovery with the database backup before the ??????? started appearing... no go. I also initialized the database... again to no avail, so it does not appear to be a corruption of the queued jobs nor problems with the database.

I should add that the actual backups and restores of 58 mixed function servers are flawless. The problem is on the broadcast and job logging which is a matter of irritation to me.

I e-mailed CA but haven't received a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back