Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 sql and exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibuku

Technical User
Jul 31, 2000
GB
I have setup up a daily backup job on Arcserve 2000 with all the windows clients under the windows client list. The problem is I cant see sql and exchange server backup options from here but I can see them when I look through the newtork option under arcserve. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello. You must browse these machines (for Exchangeagent and SQLagent) over the network.
Install the clientagent on both machines only if there are other files to backup. if not and you only have to backup the databases from the sqlserver and the information store and the mailboxes from the exchangeserver, uninstall the clientagent.

Hth and Cheers
Alex

Thanks Alex.

This is a new backup server I have just installed. When I had it running on the previous machine I could see sql and exchange databases through the client agents. I have installed arcserve sp4 and both machines are running windows 2000.

Hello. Don't know why you can't see sql and exchange databases through the client agent in your actual configuration. In my configuration, i haven't installed the client agents on these machines. (so i can not check if i can see the databases only with sp3 installed)

Maybe another bug in ArcServe2000....but now with your servicepack 4, you can do your backup to the harddisk !!

How ever, also when you see them trough the client agent you have to backup them over the network.

Cheers
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back