Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 2000 on W2K3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tordoffm

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2005
GB
I'm after a quick 'Yes' or 'No'.
Does ArcServe 2000 install and run on Win2K3 Server (SBS) - I'm not bothered if CA support it or not, and I'm not after any fancy functionality - just flat file backups, and possible restores...?

Thanks, Mark

Thank you - at least i know not to try it then!
Cheers.

I have ARCserve 2000 Advanced Edition version 7 build 1110 installed and working on Server 2003.

What problems should I be aware of. I just took over maintenance of a server that already had this installed and working.

ARCServe 2000 was never ever tested or supported on Win2K3 so you may be backing up a whole load of nothing, and maybe unable to restore anything.

Thanks for the warning. I will do some testing to see what happens.

As an update, so far I have had no problems with ARCserve 2000 on Windows 2003.

If you take your backup responsibilities seriously don't try these kinds of things. If anything goes wrong you have nowhere to go. Company data should not be handled this carelessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back