Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe 2000 NWAGENT Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandererII

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2001
US
I am running ArcServe 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I use the Netware Agent to backup my Netware 4.11 servers.

Last week, I ran into a problem with my server and lost all Trustee information for each directory.

My question, Is there a way to just restore the trustee information to each directory?

I called technical support and there first line support said there is no way to do this. He indicated that if I were running ArcServe on the server itself, I could select an option to just restore trustee information, but since I am running the agent, it is not possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this true? I tend not to believe the first line support, but they may be correct.

First line support is correct in this scenario. Arcserve running on the NetWare server has more options for restore than thru the NWAgent. The NWAgent is a Push agent and really is not very sophisticated in features, in comparison to the full product. Tim Benton
CNE(4&5),MCP
Studying for CNE6 and MCSA

Hi,
AS far as arcserve 2000 is concerned, it is not possible to restore only trustees alone.
Arcserve for Netware version can do that.

Only way is to restore the full NDS if the existing NDS doesn't have any changes from the day of last successful NDS backup.

Hope this helps!

ArcserveFreek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back