Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Install on Windows 2000 SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cteds

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
US
I have recently upgraded an NT server to Windows 2000 with SP4 slipstreamed into the install. When I attempt to install the ArcServe 2000 client agent, I am presented an error with the NTagGUI.dll cannot be run. However, the install allows me to continue with the message "Failed to install CA license. Please install the CA license from %s after Arcserve setup is completed." Again, I am allowed to continue, however, when the install reaches the point of starting the client agent service, the service will not start. I am left with event viewer messages stating the "client agent for arcserve has terminated unexpectedly". It appears as though the software is installed, but I cannot get the service to start. I have installed Arcserve numerous timees on servers w/o 2000 sp4 with no problems. The fact that 2000 sp4 is installed prior to installing the Arcserve software leads me to believe this is the problem. I have looked on CA's web site for a solution but have been unsuccessful. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any patches or workarounds for this. I unfortunately cannot take the server down to rebuild it. Any help is appreciated!!!

Any licensing messages in the NT Event log ??
Does the CA_LIC directory in C:\ exists ?

regards

Cyklops, Nothing listing licensing errors in the event logs. However, there is one error message in the application log that states, "The description for event id (0) in Source (Client Agent for ArcServe) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: ARCserve Client Agent error: 1063, StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed." I'm guessing that this is due to the error I'm getting regarding the NTagUI.dll file. Also, the CA_LIC directory does not exist under C:\ or any other path. Shouldn't this be installed during the product installation? If so, how can I do it manually, because it doesn't appear to be installed? Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back