Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Exhange 2000 Agent SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus1234

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
GB
I have a problem starting Backup Agent RPC service. When started the service stops immediatly. Giving the event log and error 7031. Service Terminated Unexpectedly.

Is there anyway to trouble shoot this? Are the arcserve logs anywhere which will help?

Thanks

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the agent, then reapplying the SP. If it still crashes, check the drwtsn32.log file to see what is crashing (the agent, message engine, discovery service, etc.).

Hi

Looking at the logs,

It tries to Perform RPCInitialisation

But then an application exception occured.

exception number - c0000005 (access violation)

The user has full admin rights though.

When you uninstalled, did it mark the Backup Agent RPC service as Disabled, or was it removed altogether? If it was marked as Disabled, then the server will need to be rebooted.

Thanks for your help jabus

After unistalling the service was not present. However i rebooted the server anyway. I have just reinstalled with the service packs as well. But receive the same error.

See any licensing errors ?? Is the ca.olf file in the CA_LIC directory present and does it contain a license for the Exchange Agent ?? Checked all the user rights on both domain and local level and within Exchange ??

maybe a clue

This was in my ca.olf file.

SERVER CAI 7152
DAEMON CAI_lic_d /usr/bin
FEATURE X$811733919 CAI_lic_d 1.000 27-aug-2027 0 0C4460515E66D72511B0 "PC_RL 3JYK[1]" ANY
FEATURE 00508BE79F67 CAI_lic_d 1.000 27-aug-2027 0 9CA460517F6E46BD3710 "PC_RL 3JYK[1]" ANY

Is the Computer Browser service enabled? What other services / programs are installed on the server.

Are you configuring the agent to use TCP or Named Pipes? What other options did you choose during the install.

Computer Browser is enabled. The server is running Exchange and ISA.

It's configured to use TCP, i think that is the only option i chose.

Strange this is, it was working for about a year before but the other day my overnight backup gaver this error.

E8601 Failed to connect to agent. (Agent=dbaexchis. EC=Remote prcedure call failed)

What version of ARCserve and DBAXCHG are you using? Do you have the latest DBAXCHG patch installed?

Does this server have its own tape drive, or are you backing it up over the network?

If exchange is on the remote server then you need to go thru the network while setting up a backup and not thru the client agents..
Thanks Happiness is a daily decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back