Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Error W3404

Status
Not open for further replies.

azakaban

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
GB
I am running Arcserve 2000 on Windows 2k servers. Arcserve fails to backup the Security database (ntuser.dat,usrclass.dat)The error message is W3404 EC Sharing violation.I do not get this with NT 4. Computer Associates have suggested I purchase the Open File option. Does anyone know a way around this problem?

If I filter these files I will lose the security settings if I have to restore.

Otherwise would need to try and find a utility that can tell what processes are using the files. Then can see if that process can be disabled during the time of backup. I think there is a utility called handles.exe that may help. I believe it is shareware from winternals.

Hi

My advice is purhcasing backup agent for open file better than using other third party utility and you don't know the impact on
other process.
Remember you backup is very important.
Regards,

Hi

My advice is purhcasing backup agent for open file better than using other third party utility and you don't know the impact on
other process.
Remember you backup is very important.
Regards,
mohamdr

I have met the same question. And my company has not purchased Open files agent. I want to find a good idea to solute it.
Peter

hello I&I recieved the same message after backup with arcserve 2000
one would hope that computer associates manuals say something helpful.....
if there´s anyone who has the idea to solve this problem without filtering the files or stopping any process - jah bless ya...
mikky mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back