Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve 2000 Error EC=122

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHateXP

Technical User
May 28, 2002
GB
Arcserve 2000 Exchange Management Agent will not let me in Arcserve were very helpfull in pointing me to the $95 phone call

Please help

[sadeyes]

Hello
What exactly can you not access??
- The ExchangeAgent-Configuration or the Information Store and the BrickLevel in ARCServe2000??

Some Inputs:
- Did you install SP3 on every machine??
- Did you create a new account for the ExchangeBackup??
- Did you installed the ExchangeClient with this new account??
- Did you created a mailbox for this account??
- Did you configured a local Mailclient for this account??

You see, there are a lot of steps to do till your ExchangeAgent will work properly.

Give me more informations for future help.
Kind regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have exactly the same problem here as IHATEXP, I have a win2k member server SP2 running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and installed the Arcserve 2000 exchange agent + SP3.
I have created a backup account, (UKDBAgent)given it all the group memberships required (administrator, domain admins, Backup operator) and local security rights (Act as part of the operating system, logon as a service and logon locally). I have created a mailbox for this user with a name and alias of UKDBAgent. I have given the Domain\DBAgent account service admin roles in the 3 levels of Exchange (org,site and config). Do I need to restart the Exchange services?

I have also created a local user on the Exchange box with exactly the same name an user rights and group memberships.

Installed is the Exchange client version 4. I can send mail to this account, logon to the domain as UKDBAgent, open Exchange client and read the email.

However when I try to authenticate the Arcserve Exchange agent configuration it immediately returns the EC=122 error.

If however I put the local machine name in the field where the domain should be it does actually go off and tries to authenticate but fails with the message (failed to open the information store), this I think is because when I put the local machine name in it uses the local account information.(which you can't assign Exchange service admin rights to.)

Any ideas would be great

thanks

Andrew

All of the SP's are installed even the Arcserve ones

The Account is set up as per Arcserves Idiots Guide

From CA Support install Q013760 from CA's website,
This didn't cure the login problem but CA then said ignore the Exchange Config Agent (????)

They then told us to browse the Exchange Mailboxes and the backup worked

Figure that one out??? [2thumbsup]

AndrewIT have you logged in as the account you created

that's a great bit of support from CA, have you tried a restore though?. Hope you didn't have to pay for that advice!

Do you mean logon to the domain on the exch box with this account? if so yes. I have also set this account in the backup job for the security access.

Mine actually says that it has backed up the mailbox's at bricks level in Arcserve manager but I am yet to be able to restore anything, but that may be another problem.

We have two tape drives installed on the same box. One backs up the Exchange server as device Group1, and the other fileservers as device group2

trouble is when I try to do a restore I get error 3702 Unable to connect to group (group =none)and I can't seem to find out where to point the restore to either group1 or group2 depending on which files need restoring.

As you can probably guess this is a new install of Arcserve 2000 Advanced edition with the exchange option installed on the Exchange server.

We were using two seperate installs of 6.61 before with tape drives in seperate box's and I had it running perfectly.

regards

Andrew

Have you installed the client agents for Arcserve??

This apparently is Arcserves reccomended way of backing up over the network

Haven't tried a restore yet, will keep you posted

Your account is setup as per Arcserves guide??

It is highly recommended that you do not install ARCserve with your existing administrative account. Please use the following document to create an account specifically for ARCserve to use.

It is highly recommended that when you create the ARCserve System account, you choose Password Never Expires. If the password changes then you will have to edit the ARCserve System Account information in the ARCserve Server Admin.

The ARCserve System account must have the following rights in order to perform properly.

3 Group Rights

Administrators
Backup Operator
Domain Admin

3 Advanced Rights

Act as part of operating system
Log on locally
Log on as a service

The Domain Admin group must be set as the Primary group

The ARCserve System Account should have Full Control over the ARCserve Share

Keep you posted

Status